The Executives In Sport Group are working exclusively on behalf of Vero Communications to recruit a Communications Account Manager.
WHO ARE THEY AND WHAT THEY’RE LOOKING FOR//
Vero is a strategic communications consultancy working in the business of sport. They advise national and international governing bodies, rights holders and event owners, sports clubs, world-class athletes, digital platforms and broadcasters, cities/countries bidding to host major events, sponsor brands and leading decision-makers and executives in world sport.
They are looking to hire a Communications Account Manager who will play a key role in delivering and managing PR/communications projects for some of their UK and international clients.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING//
- Manage and deliver key project tasks including day-to-day overall project management, campaign planning, PR/social media implementation, client liaison, journalist/stakeholder/influencer management
- Build strong relationships with clients and offer proactive/reactive counsel
- Communications support for clients, including:
- Developing creative communications strategies and campaign plans
- Drafting of media materials [e.g. press releases, statements,
- messaging/remarks, Q&As etc.]
- Roll-out and management of client social/digital accounts
- Reporting to client
- Media contact point as needed
- Active outreach and follow up with UK/international media outlets/influencers
- Client event organisation [press conferences, media roundtables, workshops etc.]
- Manage the content of Vero’s digital presence [social channels, website etc.]
- Demonstrate sports and media industry insights and identify emerging trends
- Attend relevant industry events and conferences on behalf of Vero
- Support the development of Vero new business proposals
- Prepare and deliver presentations for speaking engagements, client meetings and pitches
- Proactively search/help implement Vero PR opportunities (articles, speaker platforms, awards)
- Effective reporting to Vero Directors
THE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU NEED//
- Experience in communications/PR/PA industry (in-house or agency background, ideally with sports organisations, clubs, federations, events, rights holders or brands)
- Excellent writing skills [required for press releases, key messaging, content copy, statements, speeches, social media etc.]
- Digital native – Experienced in developing online and social media strategies and managing the roll-out of digital content campaigns
- Knowledge/interest/awareness of the evolving sports and digital landscape/trends, including for example OTT, influencer marketing, AI, AR, esports, branded content, fan engagement etc.
- Experienced in managing multi-channel communications campaigns
- Passion for sport and knowledge of the current UK and international sporting landscape
- Existing relationships and/or good knowledge of key journalists/influencers/bloggers and media outlets in the sports world
- Strong desire to work at international sporting events/environments and willing to travel globally [e.g. to major overseas sporting events]. This includes the successful candidate possibly working with clients onsite at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games
- Focused, self-motivated, results-oriented, creative, energetic, hardworking, committed, ambitious and confident
- Excellent organisational skills, able to work under pressure, prioritise effectively and is deadline-driven
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – personable, articulate and well-presented
- Interested in contributing to the development of a fast-growing small yet established business
- Additional languages a bonus but not essential
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
To apply please press the apply button or get in touch with Emma at The Executives in Sport Group for an informal discussion.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 72 hours of application and due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.