WHO THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY’RE LOOKING FOR//
The International Federation of Teqball (FITEQ) is the governing body presiding over all matters related to the discipline of Teqball. As a federation, FITEQ’s primary mission is to introduce and develop the sport globally and unite the international Teqball community. Teqball is aiming to grow at a rapid pace and to quickly become one of the most exciting sports to come on the scene. As such, this federation wants to be a leading voice in developing up and coming sports while promoting best practices and guidelines.
The Sport Development Manager shall actively contribute to the leadership team that will develop and manage the national federation framework by developing guidelines and tools and allocating resources to support organisational capability building. The successful candidate shall bring industry-related knowledge, sport contacts and overall sport management experience to FITEQ. As a senior manager in the federation, the Sport Development Manager is responsible for the management of a team of five Continental Coordinators.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING//
- Leading the policy development, management, and support with respect to the establishment of the National Federations and Membership Services.
- Supporting the management and relationship with National Federations and Event Organisers relating to the operational mechanics of FITEQ.
- Coordinating and providing administrative, operational and logistical support to National Federations, FITEQ Committees, and the Executive Board.
- Overseeing the development and management of programmes relating to National activities and to support competition coordination and delivery.
- Completing other such duties and activities as directed by the Sport Director.
THE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU NEED//
- Experience in capacity building and sports governance on an international scope.
- Value-driven personality to be a true ambassador for Teqball and inspire colleagues.
- Broad knowledge of the international sport industry, sport federations, event operations, and project management.
- Background in Tournament sports is an asset.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while maintaining a longâ€term focus.
- Experience in a similar position.
- Proven track record of providing managerial leadership to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work and navigate within a small, growing structure.
- Proven track record in leading complex change management projects; including budget- and risk management.
- A passion for the discipline and complete commitment to contribute to its growth in the world of sport.
- Ability to prioritise to efficiently manage projects and deliverables.
- Ability to exert influence and work in a complex environment.
- High ethical standards with the ability to accommodate the requirements of colleagues.
- Fluency in English; additional languages are an asset.
If you are interested in applying, please click the apply button.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 72 hours of application and due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.