WHO THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY’RE LOOKING FOR//
The Sports Technology Awards Group’s in-house PR agency, ENS, is looking to expand!
ENS PR agency (specialising in sports PR) and the Sports Technology Awards, an annual event held in London, are a small team, who are sports mad (including a couple of former international athletes) and have agreat fun; anyone looking for lots of experience and responsibility in a dynamic environment, would love it there.
They work for a variety of sports and lifestyle brands, and increasingly for tech-innovators in sport, including a range of B2B sports clients. As a group they invest heavily in their own PR, working closely with, and expanding their, international media partners in sport and business and consequently they are also their own client.
They’re looking for a PR Account Manager to manage two significant clients, mentor junior staff, develop a comms and media strategy and create unique and engaging features to portray the clients’ messages. It is a really exciting role, working with some of the biggest brands in sport internationally.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING//
PR Account Management
- Understanding accounts’ coverage targets, across several accounts, and ensure these are met
- Understanding client project activity and ensure it is delivered on time and within budget
- Where deadlines or target will be missed, know how to manage expectations of clients and management
- Ensuring all aspects of good account management are in place and adhered to, including understanding the purpose of the following reports, being able to draft them without sign off by management and delivering them, without fail, to clients or management when needed
- ‘Friday Flash’ weekly updates
- Contact Report
- Status / WIP Report
- Coverage Report
- Executive Summaries
- Time / Spent Reviews
- Serving as day to day contact for clients, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of their business and needs
- Troubleshoot clients’ challenges as they arise and liaise with ENS management over ongoing strategic guidance
- Anticipating and addressing client needs and seek other management input when appropriate
- Preparing and managing account financials including budget allocation /control, time sheets, client billing, supplier invoicing and purchase orders etc.
- Assisting in developing strategy on new and existing accounts
- Managing any junior support on the account and assist in their training
- Communicating key client objectives and expectations to members of the team
- Motivating team members and encourage them in personal training and development opportunities
- Understanding time / income balance; avoiding client over-servicing unless in cases of shortfall in delivery
- Creating new business opportunities and assisting in securing new business, including pitch preparation and delivery
Media Outreach and Communication Skills
- Demonstrating indepth understanding of the UK media landscape
- Demonstrating understanding of the international media landscape
- Demonstrating robust understanding of digital tools and platforms
- Understanding PR industry tools and how they are used
- Writing and editing collateral, including press releases, by-lined opinion / thought-leadership features, marketing collateral, story or partnership introductions and reports
- Proactively and successfully pitching to regional / national / trade media, reviewers and influencers
- Exhibiting strong communication and presentation skills to articulate ideas to clients and colleagues
- Building media and third-party relationships to increase client visibility in target markets
- Taking responsibility for leading initiatives to raise the profile of ENS in trade and consumer publications, and on company-owned platforms
THE SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALITIES YOU NEED//
- An Interest in sport, with a good understanding of the sports sector
- An understanding of technology and, ideally, emerging products and technological advances in the sports sector
- Extensive PR experience in feature writing, copywriting, press releases, articles and event coverage
- Strong understanding of both traditional and digital public relations
- The ability to present and pitch ideas to key decision makers, both internally and externally
- Good timekeeping
- Articulate, with good literacy / numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to works well in a small team
- Ambitious and committed
- Experience of using
- Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Cloud Server (SharePoint or similar)
- Databases (Hubspot or similar)
- Media monitoring tools (Response Source, Google Alerts, Google Analytics etc)
If you are interested in applying, please click the apply button or call Tom at The Executives in Sport Group for more information.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 72 hours of application and due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.