WHO THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY’RE LOOKING FOR//
We are working with a leading sports venue who are looking for a Head of Events. They are looking for someone who can manage and plan the delivery of events alongside all required business targets.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING//
- Leading, managing and directing the events team with responsibility for the delivery of the Company’s events.
- Delivering performance targets, budgets, staff and resources to ensure services are provided successfully and professionally.
- Developing a strategic plan that identifies key target events and actions required to secure events.
- Collaborating with colleagues and key stakeholders to develop and create content that drives innovation.
- Establishing and maintaining key networks and relationships with national and international individuals, bodies and agencies to ensure the companies profile as an event is retained and enhanced.
- Developing and creating a range of events that deliver a significant income, social, cultural and media profile impact.
- Developing business plans, project plans and timelines for all events to ensure outcomes are accomplished within resources.
- You’ll have effective and efficient communication with all stakeholders.
- Working with drive, passion and energy to promote the vision and values of all events.
THE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU NEED//
- Experience leading teams at a senior level within a similar environment.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving.
- Capability to look at and find creative solutions for a variety of challenges.
- Similar experience with the operational and delivery aspects of major events.
- Proven staff and budget management experience.
- Ability to communicate persuasively and influence at Board level internally and with external agencies.
- Experience in leading a highly motivated and well-trained workforce.
Due to the nature of the sports industry and match scheduling, you will be expected to regularly work weekends and evenings in line with your role requirements.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 72 hours of application and due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.