Job Opportunity – Club Secretary
We are seeking an experienced Club Secretary to manage all aspects of professional player administration, eligibility to play and compliance with contractual requirements, as well as undertaking the administration for all First Team fixtures, ensuring the Club adheres to all football rules and regulations, acting as the point of contact between the Club and all governing bodies.
You will be based at the Nottingham Forest FC City Ground and will report to the CEO, working closely with the Nottingham Forest FC Board of Directors and Director of Football.
- Responsibility for all aspects of professional player administration, including completion of player registrations, transfers and loans both domestic and international, and completion of intermediaries’ paperwork.
- Completing applications/claims on the FIFA Transfer Matching System.
- Managing player eligibility for matches, appearance schedules, disciplinary records, bonuses and contractual trigger clauses in transfer agreements for incoming and outgoing players.
- Managing solidarity distribution and claims from other Clubs.
- Managing international call ups for professional players.
- Ensuring appropriate medical cover is in place for all professional and scholarship players as well as insurance cover for international players and trialists.
- Keeping the Club compliant with all regulatory requirements set by the various football Governing Bodies, acting as the first point of contact at the Club for said Bodies, and implementing measures and resolving matters arising as a result.
- Communicating all aspects of football rules, regulations and requirements to the Board and the Club's staff and advising relevant staff of the Club’s obligations and responsibilities.
- Keeping the CEO, Director of Football and Academy Manager fully informed about all football and player-related matters.
- Providing advice and support to the Academy Department as and when required, overseeing all player administration for all Academy age groups, as well as overseeing Academy regulatory issues.
- Responsibility for Governing Body Endorsements for non-EU/EEA players and upkeep of the UK Visas and Immigration Sponsorship Management System.
- Organising and administering home First Team fixtures and completion of pre-and post-match documentation and being the lead contact for visiting clubs and match officials.
- Managing the Football Admin team members.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role within the football industry, either at Club or Governing Body level.
- Familiarity with the full range of Club Secretary duties involved in a role of this nature.
- Knowledge of all rules and regulations which govern football at domestic and international level.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and communicate well.
- Display excellent organisational skills, the ability to work effectively and accurately in a fast-paced environment; remaining calm under pressure and comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain absolute discretion in all aspects of the role
- Excellent attention to detail and takes responsibility for all aspects of own work and that of your team / dept.
The Executives In Sport Group are working exclusively on behalf of Nottingham Forest to recruit their newly created Club Secretary. All direct applications and agency enquiries will be passed directly to The Executives In Sport Group.
To apply, please press the apply button or get in touch with Davey at The Executives in Sport Group for an informal chat about the opportunity.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 72 hours of application and due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.