Solutions Architect (12mth FTC)
|Job Title:||Solutions Architect (12mth FTC)|
|Salary:||£40000 - £80000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Beswick|
|Job Published:||18 days ago|
12 month contract.
We are working on behalf of one of the leading brands in sports within the UK who are looking to bring in a consumer and business focussed Solutions Architect to join them during an exciting digital transformation project that's end goal is to revolutionise the way businesses interact with their consumers.
The Solutions Architect will be responsible for actively driving and developing technical solutions for the digital transformation project.
As part of the programme team, you will work closely with the Product Owners/SME's and workstream teams to develop the end2end technical requirements.
- The Solutions Architect will be a subject matter expert related to the infrastructure, in media, commerce, marketing, API and Data Centre services.
- Responsible for actively driving and developing technical solutions during the end2end programme cycle.
- Proven track record of describing complex digital transformation non-functional requirements as well defined User Stories.
- Coaching and technical sales support to the zColo Business Development Directors & Zayo Account Executives in the sale of zColo products and services to Enterprise, Carrier, Medical Institution, & Government customers to help ensure sales goals and objectives are achieved
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - professionally communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Provide customers with solutions that meet their business applications, disaster recovery applications, appropriate feedback for future growth.
- Translate complex technical requirements into information that customers can understand and respond to.
- Contributes technical expertise to multiple areas/activities. Understanding of supporting product and architectural roadmaps. Able to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives.
- Sound knowledge of enterprise application integration techniques and design patterns.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to ensure IT strategic investment aligns with business strategy and drives operating results.
- Effectively performs technical tasks to advance the IT roadmap, including the innovative use of solutions that best fit business / project needs.
- Successfully partners with IT peers ensuring effective design, improvement, testing, and deployment, and support of all IT solutions.
- Can handle projects with multiple and competing priorities. Analyzes enterprise business context (trends and business strategy) to derive IT strategy and architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to use tools such as Visio to illustrate flows, data design, and application architecture.
- Ability to write technical specifications such as: design documents, position papers, and status reports. Able to presenting complex ideas to large groups and communicate effectively with non-technical business partners
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years' experience in technical sales engineering / support role(s) within the Data Center & Telecommunications industry (ideally Data Center Provider, ISP, CLEC, ILEC, VAR, or MSO)
- Experience developing and/or delivering technical training programs.
- Strong technical presentation skills (development and delivery).
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts to laypersons in simple, understandable terms.
- Consistent focus on results and goal achievement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point, Visio & Sales Force
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Previous NOC/SOC/IOC experience and/or data center experience preferred.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Network design, MAN technologies and designs (including DS-x, OC-x, WDM, and Ethernet)
- High-level understanding of Fiber Optic network design and implementation
- Internet technologies, functionality, and services
- Familiarity with CPE (voice and data)
- Travel as and when required
To apply for this role, or for more information please contact Tom at The Executives In Sport Group, or click the 'Apply Now' button.