Research & Intelligence Manager - Sport - London
|Job Title:||Research & Intelligence Manager - Sport - London|
|Salary:||£50-60k + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Darren Simmons|
|Job Published:||about 2 years ago|
We’re actively seeking a brilliant Research & Intelligence Manager to work for a rapidly expanding sports organisation, with a focus on live streaming of major sporting events on a global scale. The role would ideally suit someone currently working in sport and entertainment in a Business Intelligence / Research & Insights role.
In this role you’ll be tasked with producing high quality and accurate intelligence reports to assist new business pitches and strategic development across the Group. The successful candidate will manage an external research budget and internal team of Research Executives, with the responsibility of ensuring senior managers are kept abreast of information relating to sports media rights, audience consumption trends, competitor activity and wider industry news.
- Management of market intelligence reports and research projects relating to sports content consumption trends in existing and future focus markets and in relation to strategic business development projects.
- Analysis of competitor products and services – Broadcast, Digital, Rights Agencies etc.
- Presentation of findings and recommendations to management re: market entry and business development strategies.
- Liaison with other divisions to ensure information is made available to all stakeholders and regularly updated to meet business needs.
- Management of 3-5 Research Executives.
- Project Management of external research projects, including management of budget.
Skills/ Experiences of ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years’ experience in sports media industry.
- Excellent knowledge of sports, digital media and subscription industries.
- Proven analytical/numerical capabilities with strong Microsoft Office suit skill set.
- Experience managing people and budgets.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Strong track record in an applied research context, proven analytical skills, confidence and an ability to work well as part of a small company environment whilst demonstrating a genuine appetite for personal learning.
- Project Management capabilities from initial design through to qualitative and quantitative reporting.
- Excellent written and communication skills, commercial awareness, and excellent knowledge of the sports industry.
- High-level of initiative and capable of responding flexibly to a wide range of research tasks.
Competencies/ Behaviours Required
- Courage to make smart decisions.
- Able to focus on the things that matter.
- Prepared to challenge your colleagues to make us better.
- Honest and straightforward with your communication and open to direct feedback.
- Passionately curious.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available