Procurement & Contracts Manager - Football
|Job Title:||Procurement & Contracts Manager - Football|
|Contact Name:||Liverpool FC|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Liverpool Football Club are actively seeking a CIPS qualified Procurement & Contracts Manager for a key role within their Central Operations department. It’s a great time to be joining the organisation with the recent expansion of Anfield’s capacity to 54,000, Champion’s League qualification and plans in place for a new state-of-the-art training ground.
This key role requires someone with strong procurement experience, able to draft and execute contracts balancing cost savings with additional value add, a strong understanding of sub contract management (Including legal requirements) and proficient in the use of contract frameworks such as NEC3, JCT as well as P2P related systems.
To support and manage the procurement and supply contracts for the Club ensuring quality products and/or services are obtained at best value, fit for purpose and in a timely fashion. This role plays an integral role in ensuring the Club and its respective departments achieve their budgets and operate profitably through effective procurement, contract management and good compliance.
To effectively engage with departmental budget holders about the value of effective contract and supply chain management, robust procurement and to ensure processes and best practices are adhered to.
To work in partnership with departmental managers to change the procurement culture across the business and promoting a professional procurement standards and behaviour across the whole Club
Key responsibilities and considerations of the role would include:
- Drafting, reviewing and transacting commercial contracts, including but not limited to; strategically sourcing suppliers, tendering, negotiating and drafting contracts and effective post-award management
- Ensuring supplier contracts provide the most commercially successful business terms with regards to value and service, whilst minimising potential legal and commercial risks
- Work closely with Legal Department to ensure contracts are finalised, appropriate and fit for purpose and in line with the Clubs requirements
- Interacting with Business functions to ensure Procurement best practice is applied across the business, identifying key opportunities and implementing the appropriate methods to realise these
- In collaboration with business stakeholders, develop an understanding of business needs that can be built into practical category strategies to deliver a lower cost base and more efficient and cost effective processes.
- Develop and adhere to agreed procurement standards within the policy framework and ensuring compliance.
- Develop market intelligence and category strategy, tendering, negotiation, contracting, supplier relationship and performance management.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Procurement strategy and associated protocols to ensure the provision of high quality and cost effective services that the business needs and maximise value for money by applying whole life cycle costing.
Further accountabilities will include:
- Nurturing relationships with vendors to negotiate best value for the Club
- Identifying and researching potential new suppliers
- Researching new products and services to meet Club’s goals
- Assesses total costs of Club purchases
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels, as and if appropriate
- Identifying efficiencies from the Supply Chain and internal processes
Essential skills & experience:
· Degree level or equivalent
- MICPS Qualification (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply)
- Experience operating within a Procurement Function, drafting and executing successful contracts which have led to outstanding cost savings as well as additional value added
- A strong understanding of the Procurement and Legal contractual requirements including Subcontracts management
- Proficiency in the use of contract frameworks such as NEC3, JCT, as well as P2P procurement related systems
- Good understanding of procurement demonstrating analytical and synthetic skills
- Ideally have a proven track record in delivering cost savings and service enhancements through established procurement best practice and tender processes.
- Previous category strategy definition and implementation exposure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with personnel and suppliers at all levels
- Strong IT systems knowledge and experience
- Track record of delivering results in pressurised, complex and demanding environments.
- Must have operated in a diverse business with multiple stakeholders with different procurement experiences
The Executives In Sport Group are retained on behalf of Liverpool Football Club to identify and secure the Head of Social. All direct applicants and agency requests will be forwarded to The Executives In Sport Group. Please e-mail your CV to email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Senior Marketing Manager
iFollow Marketing Manager
Sponsorship Sales Manager
Salary: £40,000-£45,000 + Commission
Retail Catering Manager
Senior Occupational Health, Safety & Risk Manager
North London, London