|Job Title:||PR Manager|
|Contact Name:||Emma Holloway|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
WHO ARE THEY AND WHAT THEY’RE LOOKING FOR//
We are working with a leading sports organisation who are looking for a PR Manager to develop and initiate a strategic PR plan for the business. We are looking for an experienced individual who has a detailed understanding of the media industry as well as the PR industry.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING//
You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day PR output from the organisation, ensuring they secure coverage in regional, national and international media alongside a more strategic aim to the role in developing the annual plan. You will activate the internal communications strategy, working alongside all departments to ensure they are kept up to date with all PR activities.
Using your excellent contacts within journalism you will seek to maintain close working relationships with key contacts. Identifying objectives for news coverage, you will seek to gain exposure in the press for these, monitoring them closely.
- To liaise and present to all members of the department to ensure they are fully briefed on all PR activity.
- Support the development of any programme in the business for all employees to ensure they understand their responsibilities when representing.
- Develop and plan PR activities and events that showcase the coverage of the company in a positive manner making sure there is no negatives.
- It is imperative to attend any meeting that is required by the Director of Communications and contribute to the development of the Communications Department.
- To exploit, maintain, contribute and develop systems currently used by the company.
- Give the Communications Department advice and guidance to ensure there is a consistent and timely response to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Any problems that occur to report it straight to the Director of Communications in case it may have an ongoing effect on the Communications Department.
THE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU NEED//
- Experience in a similar PR or Media role.
- The capability to produce new ideas within the organisation’s limitations
- You will have very good relationships with print and broadcast media contacts
- Exceptional interactive skills including proven experience of persuading individuals and decision makers at all levels.
- Remarkable written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience of developing and activating PR plans.
- The ability to create relationships with key stakeholders whether its internal or external as well as manage and maintain the connection.
- A track record of exceeding goals when meeting deadlines under high pressure.
- An ability to plan and think strategically.
- Pro-active approach to day to day issues.
Please be aware this is a 9-month contract position.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 72 hours of application and due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.