PR and Corporate Communications Manager - West Ham United
|Job Title:||PR and Corporate Communications Manager - West Ham United|
|Contact Name:||Davey Blofield|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
PR and Corporate Communications Manager
Competitive salary + benefits
London Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Support the Club's press and marketing operations and outputs as directed by Executive Director of Marketing and Communications
- Lead on a wide range of communications outputs and activity designed to promote West Ham's corporate objectives, PR activities, brand promotion, and community work, especially in relation to the Club's move to London Stadium.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of the Club's overall communications strategy, with lead responsibility for strategy development and delivery on agreed corporate projects.
- Manage the PR Officer and Senior Copywriter to maintain an efficient and organised PR operation, and ensure effective promotion of key corporate objectives.
- Co-manage the efficient operation of the club's Supporter Services team, ensuring effective relationship-building and risk-management with key supporter groups.
- Lead on external stakeholder management to include: LLDC, Newham, Mayor's Office Galliard, Westfield / QEOP
- Lead on the development and delivery of communications and PR strategies for specific projects and announcements as required, e.g. kit launches, ticket promotion, CSR work, new Stadium stories, etc.
- Securing regular, proactive prominent media coverage highlighting the success of West Ham's move, including e.g. visits by high-profile individuals, stories about demand for tickets, etc
- Pro-actively explore opportunities for high-profile coverage in support of the Club's key corporate objectives, and present these ideas to senior managers on a regular basis
- Build and maintain relationships with key media across sport, lifestyle, regional and consumer press, and seek to increase West Ham's profile in these media channels
- Assist with monitoring of relevant media, including fan sites and social media, flagging any relevant stories to the rest of team as appropriate.
- Work with commercial and partnerships department to provide effective consultation and content in support of media activity around partner appearances or new partner announcements
- Handling reactive media queries in relation to London Stadium, and maintaining internal messaging and Q&A documents so that other Club spokespeople are able to answer questions
- Lead on the development and implementation of risk management strategies to protect the Club's corporate priorities, especially in regard to issues arising from the new Stadium
- Support commercial colleagues by providing the PR and messaging expertise to help promote the corporate partnerships and sponsorship deals that they secure, including liaising with counterparts within those partner or sponsor bodies.
- Support efforts to promote and grow West Ham's global brand, including the coordination of affiliated international supporters' groups.
- Oversee the promotion of the West Ham United Foundation, and the Club's other charitable and community activities, including our support for the Moore Foundation, the DT38 Foundation and Pride of Irons etc.
- Co-manage the press office team with the Head of Media Relations, strategically growing the department to cater for all reactive and proactive communications and customer services.
- Draft club statements and board communications for board approval, and being on call at all times to deal with fast-developing situations in the media spotlight.
- Provide draft written copy as required in support of the Club's highest-level corporate priorities, e.g. important letters, submissions, statements and print articles in the names of Board members, senior managers or the Club as a whole
- Assist with Board and senior management press appearances, interviews and press conferences, as directed
- To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
- To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
- Experience in an in-house or PR agency role
- Experience of working in a complex stakeholder environment
- Excellent writing and copywriting skills
- Good media contacts
- Track record of securing media coverage
- Social Media trends
- IT systems including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Photoshop.Ability to manage relationships with a number of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Committed, hardworking, with a flexible approach
- Organised with an excellent ability to manage, organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- A genuine team player
- Able to communicate to a variety of audiences through an understanding and appreciation of the audience's needs
West Ham United FC are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with the being Disability Confident Committed. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
This recruitment campaign is being handled by The Executives in Sport Group who will identify and screen candidates for this post on behalf of West Ham United. To find out more about this post, please contact Davey Blofield by email, , or by phone on 0203 6574 574. Please note that the Club will not be accepting CV's or applications directly.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available