As part of the club’s trajectory of growth, West Ham United are expanding the Commercial Partnerships Team including the hire of a Partnership Development Manager.
As part of the Commercial team, this role will be crucial in the process of securing new commercial partners for West Ham United on an international scale.
The club is in the most exciting phase in its history having moved to the former Olympic Stadium for the 2016/17 Premier League season. The new stadium offers a very attractive proposition to new commercial partners and sponsors who will benefit greatly by joining the club on this exciting journey.
The Partnership Development Manager will work with the Head of Partnership Development to drive revenue through the development of commercial partnerships by finding brands that deliver the best commercial value and brand fit for West ham United.
West Ham have a sponsorship activation team that liaise with partners once signed, this individual will have no responsibility for the day to day management of partners.
- Deliver new global and regional partners to the club and contribute to the revenue targets of the Commercial team
- Deliver agreed individual targets against commercial business development plan
- Research various industry sectors for potential target brands in collaboration with the Partnership Development Executive and Head of Partnership Development
- Assist in identyfiying appropriate target industry sectors
- In collaboration with the Partnership Development Executive, and using various research techniques and appropriate recources, find the name and contact details for the best person to approach within each targeted brand
- Create bespoke and flexible partnership presentations in keeping with the specific brief from individual companies
- Present a compelling proposition of the partnership opportunities to C-suite and senior level individuals in targeted companies
- Conclude partnership agreements including negotiation of commercial terms, working alongside the Head of Parnership Development and Commercial Director to conclude full form agreements
- To liaise and develop relationships with agencues where appropriate across international markets
- To generate revenue from a variety of sources including but not limited to sponsorship, IP, player image rights, digital media, hospitality, promotional andmatchday rights
- Contribute to the development of the partner strategy and process to deliver results in accordance with the Commercial Team’s budgets and targets
- Attend appropriate sport industry and sector specific events to network and develop new leads
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Track record of exceptional sales/business development achievements in the sports, media or other B2B industries
- At least 3 years experience of B2B sales including cold-calling
- Evidence and experience of building relationships with and presenting to senior clients within partner organisations
- Leading or playing a major part in negotiating and closing high value B2B partnership deals
- Experience of working with legal teams in compiling contracts and negotiating terms with legal support
- Understanding of brand dynamics and market trends
- Excellent presentational skills and ability to persuade and influence audience with credible business content
- Commercial acumen proven through ability to create and develop strategic plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to quickly build trust and relationships
- Demonstratable experience of identifying and securing high value brand partnerships. Knowledge of key commercial drivers of compatible sectors would be advantageous
- An ability and a natural instinct to identify bonafide leads and focus on prospects where the interest and the chance of success is genuine
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- A natural affinity or passion for football and sport
- Self-motivated, able to work quickly and precisely, multi-task, and respond to a variety of needs, sometimes under pressure
- Sales and delivery focused – but not at the expense of brand integrity or company values
- Planning, systematic and analytical view with respect to delivery of business opportunities
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.