Participation Support Manager - Sport
|Job Title:||Participation Support Manager - Sport|
|Contact Name:||Tom Beswick|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
PARTICIPATION SUPPORT MANAGER
Responsible to Head of Regional Operations
Location National Tennis Centre, 100 Priory Lane, Roehampton, London SW15 5JQ
About the role
The Participation Support Manager is responsible for ensuring that there is a strong, well organised and effective administrative function that is responsible for providing exceptional operational support and customer service to the Participation Team and key partners and customers across the game of tennis in Britain. Working in partnership with the Central and Regional Participation teams, this role will lead the team that supports the delivery of agreed strategies and plans across the delivery channels and a variety of partners, as well as in the more specialist areas of workforce, competition and disability development.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the Participation Support team to ensure a quality customer service to the Participation Team and key partners and customers across the game of tennis in Britain.
- Plan and operate the allocation of Participation Assistant resource across the regional and central participation teams and set up and embed ways of working to optimise the efficient and effective servicing of the Participation Directorate.
- Develop and motivate a team of support assistants, to ensure delivery of a class-leading centralised participation support function and customer service offering.
- Continuously drive service delivery in ways that meet the needs of our customers, including capturing feedback and introducing solutions to allow the team to provide better services to internal and external partners.
- Support the plan for growth in key network areas and venues aligned to the central participation strategy by leading the provision of an efficient administration function including logistics, finances and monitoring amongst others.
- Play an active role in the process which will lead the Regional Team to identify the LA’s, tennis networks and venues with the biggest opportunity to influence participation.
- Set up the team to liaise with, and support as appropriate, external partners to ensure that they are able to deliver and report on progress in line with agreed strategy and plans.
- Be the point of contact for Central LTA teams to go to in order to access support from the regional teams and provide a planned and coordinated communication hub for two-way communications with the regional participation team.
- Manage the team to provide exemplary customer service to the regional tennis workforce, central and regional participation team colleagues and County Associations including email and telephone support and responding to feedback and enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with the management of the British Tennis Services team to put in place processes to best service customers and handle complaints ensuring clear roles and responsibilities are established between both teams.
- Work with the central Insights team to manage and oversee the provision of statistical information to regional teams as required.
- Work with the Central and Regional Participation Team to implement effective regional and county communication plans to support delivery against strategic outcomes.
- Be an ambassador for Tennis in Britain positively promoting the sport and those that work and volunteer within it.
- Leading, developing inspiring and motivating a customer service team.
- Delivering exceptional customer service to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Working with a diverse and geographically dispersed workforce.
- Experience of establishing new ways of working and implementing them effectively.
- Using initiative to create effective solutions to support customer service delivery.
- Administrative support in a busy and fast paced environment.
- Managing budgets, with the ability to identify and achieve efficiencies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to liaise and communicate with people at all levels.
- Excellent team management, with the ability to organise and direct a large group of people with clarity of roles and responsibilities.
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Competent IT skills (Word/ Excel/PowerPoint/Databases/Microsoft Office/internet).
- An understanding of the wider sports network and the elements involved in developing sports in Club, Community and Education settings.
- An understanding of local, County, Regional and National Tennis structures.
A great leader and motivator of others
A great communicator both internally & externally
Always prepared to work collaboratively
Works well as part of a regional team, working remotely across large areas
Works openly & honestly in the interests of the team
Will always suggest improvements to ways of working
Will be comfortable challenging groups or individuals to ensure high levels of work
Treats others as you wish to be treated
Committed to growing the sport of tennis
Highly proactive with a ‘can-do’ attitude
Hard working & driven to succeed and achieve our mission
Passionate about developing opportunities for people to play sport
Always aims to achieve the best possible outcome
Develops plans based on best practice and previous experience
Seeks support from colleagues to improve outcomes
Will be happy to take the more challenging route if it results in higher quality outputs
The Executives In Sport Group are exclusively retained on behalf of the Lawn Tennis Association to recruit a Head of Customer Engagement. All direct applications and agency enquiries will be passed directly to The Executives In Sport Group
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available