Multi-Team Sport Director
|Job Title:||Multi-Team Sport Director|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
WHO THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY’RE LOOKING FOR//
The International Federation of Teqball (FITEQ) is the governing body presiding over all matters related to the discipline of Teqball. As a federation, FITEQ’s primary mission is to introduce and develop the sport globally and unite the international Teqball community. Teqball is aiming to grow at a rapid pace and to quickly become one of the most exciting sports to come on the scene. As such, this federation wants to be a leading voice in developing up and coming sports while promoting best practices and guidelines.
They’re looking for a Multi-Team Sport Director to Contribute to and drive the implementation of FITEQ’s strategic objectives. For this position you will establish the possibilities, open the boundaries, seek senior international sports partners and oversee all four sports in order to reach FITEQ’s goals to become a successful and global multi-sport brand.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING//
- Establishing a full international competition calendar for each sport in collaboration with the appointed Project Managers.
- Developing and establishing National Associations, creating partnerships.
- Working and collaborating with other senior colleagues on the organisation’s strategy and serve as a point of reference for the culture and values of the organisation.
- Delivering of global competition portfolios, ensuring a full calendar of events.
- Ensuring co-ordination and collaboration amongst and across disciplines, between the sports department and other departments within FITEQ.
- Monitoring trends and innovation in sports and entertainment, ensuring that they are communicated within FITEQ/Teqball and that the implication for Teqsports are assessed.
- Ensuring that all stakeholders (be it internal or external) are made aware of plans, activities, and development within the sports and that new projects are regularly consulted with them.
- Collaborating with all technical, commercial, and administrative teams as well as with volunteers to develop comprehensive work plans, rules, working books, national calendars and budgets.
- Leading and inspiring a team of multi-disciplined professional staff.
- Ensuring the organisation’s corporate functions contribute to the success of the sport.
- Setting the objectives for members of staff aligned to the organisation’s core objectives.
- Evaluating staff and support their professional development.
- Participating and leading efforts to develop members and national federations to promote the discipline at a local level.
- Ensuring that the potential risks of all disciplines and sport-related activities are identified and implement strategies on how to mitigate the risks through contingency plans.
- Responsibility over budgets and resources in all areas of activities within the department.
- Creating and accomplishing the strategy for FITEQ sports (Qatch, Teqvolley, Teqpong, Teqis) / roadmap of international expansion / a promotional plan together with the Project Managers.
THE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU NEED//
- Experience in a similar position or in sport development in various sports (especially in handball, volleyball, tennis, table tennis).
- Values driven by the ability to inspire colleagues and be a true ambassador for Teqsports.
- Broad knowledge of international sports, sporting federations and operations of Organising Committees.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while maintaining a long‐term view.
- Proven track record of providing managerial leadership to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work and navigate within a growing structure.
- Proven track record in leading complex change management projects, including budget and risk management.
- Demonstrable success in project management and supervision in a similar position.
- A passion for the discipline and complete commitment to contribute to its growth in the world of sport.
- Keen sense of priorities for efficient management of projects and deliverables.
- Ability to exert influence and work in a complex environment.
- High ethical standards with the ability to prioritize the requirements of colleagues.
- People management experience, strong interpersonal skills and adaptability.
- Fluency in English (both written and oral), additional language(s) being advantageous.
- Ability to work outside of traditional work hours.
- Time management skills, with the ability to quickly adjust and react to changes.
If you are interested in applying, please click the apply button.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 72 hours of application and due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available