Executives In Sport are exclusively retained on behalf of The EFL.
Title: iFollow Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Marketing Director
With 72 member clubs across three divisions, the EFL (English Football League) is the world’s original league football competition. It is the largest single body of professional clubs in European football and is responsible for administering and regulating the Sky Bet EFL, Carabao Cup and Checkatrade Trophy, as well as reserve and youth football. The EFL, EFL Trust and our member clubs are at the heart of communities across the country, providing shared experiences for all and using the power of sport to improve lives.
Our employees work together as an integrated team, under the leadership of the Chief Executive Officer. Employees have key objectives to offer the highest standard of service and administration to the clubs within the League; maximise income available through sponsorship, broadcast and digital rights and advertising; and enhance and protect the reputation of the League and its competitions both on and off the pitch.
EFL Digital is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the EFL. It operates and maintains a range of digital services including official club websites; mobile applications; and the video/audio premium digital streaming service iFollow. It currently does this for 58 Clubs across the EFL as well as providing bespoke digital services for a further 9 Clubs in the Premier League and the National League.
To manage, own and implement the marketing strategy and activation for the EFL’s range of digital products, with a specific focus on driving subscriptions for iFollow, the league’s OTT live streaming service.
Main areas of responsibility
- Ultimate responsibility for driving subscription sales for iFollow against an annual set of pre-agreed KPIs
- Create, implement, and deliver a series of targeted marketing campaigns across a variety of digital and offline channels every season
- Generate national and international brand awareness of the iFollow proposition
- Work with the Clubs to provide marketing toolkits and best practice guidelines for their own localised promotions
- Run a seasonal planning calendar of all League-led promotions and communicate this plan to Clubs to ensure activities do not cut across club initiatives at a local level
- Measure and monitor subscription sales results against all marketing activities against bespoke campaign KPIs
- Primary responsibility for managing subscriber churn; delivery of refunds; and responding to any customer queries alongside the wider EFL Digital team and its suppliers
- Work with the Digital Operations Manager to manage the availability of all live fixtures for both video and audio products on the iFollow platform
- Work with the Brand & Channels Manager to ensure a consistency in look and feel of all promotional activity in-line with the brand approach to iFollow
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage the delivery of promotional advertising assets across our digital products through our Ad-Server.
- Work with EFL Digital suppliers to ensure the best use of the tools and capabilities that the collective platform provides
- Robust approach to budgeting of marketing activities with a view to driving maximum return on any investment
- Work with the Head of Digital to provide iFollow subscription sales revenue forecasts for the senior management team
- Work with the Head of Digital to identify marketing support for any new digital products that may be introduced
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
1. A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working on a subscription-based digital product for a consumer-facing business
2. Thorough understanding of digital marketing strategies and campaign delivery techniques
3. Track record of managing and implementing digital marketing strategies
4. History of creative campaign conception against set objectives.
5. Proven capability of working in a commercially-focused organisation.
6. Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a pressurised environment.
7. Exceptional organisational skills, time management and attention to detail and the ability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
8. Self-starting individual with the ability to work in a team environment but autonomously as required.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills including proven experience of influencing decision makers at all levels.
10. Excellent analytical, reporting and presentation skills.
11. Proven experience in managing budgets.
12. Experience in delivering results in accordance with pre-defined success metrics.
1. An understanding of the English Football League and its 72 member clubs.
2. A practical understanding of the pressures faced by the English Football League and its EFL Digital member clubs.
Executives In Sport Group will field all applications for this role. To apply please click apply or send your CV to email@example.com