Health & Safety Manager
|Job Title:||Health & Safety Manager|
Health & Safety
|Contact Name:||Tom Beswick|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
The Executives In Sport Group are exclusively retained on behalf of Lancashire County Cricket Club to recruit their new Health & Safety Manager. Please note all applications will be sent to Tom Beswick at The Executives In Sport Group.
WHO THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY’RE LOOKING FOR//
Lancashire Cricket Club represents the historic county of Lancashire in cricket’s County Championship. Founded in 1864 as a successor to Manchester Cricket Club, Lancashire have played at Old Trafford since then and, in 1865, played their inaugural first-class match, beating Middlesex at Old Trafford.
As Health & Safety Manager you will be working as part of the Stadium Operations Team, supporting the Head of Operations with day to day management of all of the Club’s health and safety. During the cricket season (April to September) you will undertake additional responsibilities on match and major event days, acting as Deputy Safety Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING//
- Implement, monitor and review the Clubs Health and Safety management system.
- Develop a positive health and safety culture in all departments through the implementation of processes and policies.
- Lead on the implementation of Health and Safety policies and arrangements site wide.
- Chair monthly Health and Safety team meetings.
- Introduce a new system to manage onsite contractors and permits to work.
- Manage all health and safety committee meetings.
- Work with the conference and event teams to ensure that corporate events are delivered safely and contractors are monitored throughout.
- Management and review of site risk assessments.
- Complete near miss and accidents reports if required, as well as reporting incidents to the HSE.
- Lead on accident or incident investigation where required.
- Carry out regular workplace Health and Safety Audits across all departments.
- Manage the incident response team on site, carrying out quarterly meetings and briefings and deliver training to new starters.
- Ensure that COSHH assessments are up to date and complete within certain departments.
- Provide performance reports to the Executive team.
- Manage all first aid resources on site (first aid boxes and defibrillators), ensuring these are audited and replenished where necessary.
- Identify staff health and safety training requirements through a training matrix and work with the Human Resources to ensure appropriate training is sourced and delivered. Also be involved where knowledge allows with the delivery of some of the training.
- Attend Health and safety meetings on site with Clients and contractors.
- Undertake H&S responsibilities of the client under CDM regulations for large projects.
- Implement a system where staff are able to report incidents of poor health and safety.
Deputy Safety Officer
- On all cricket match days and concerts, provide support in the venue control room to the Venue Safety Officer as a Deputy Safety Officer.
- Where the Venue Safety Officer is not available on a match day, the Deputy Safety Officer will be required to be the main point of contact on a match day.
- Deliver steward briefings where required before gates open, if the venue Safety Officer require it.
- Assist in site walk round before gates open to ensure that the ground is safe for public.
THE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU NEED//
- Health & Safety background within a large venue / sports arena / entertainment arena or shopping centre (an organisation with a large foot-fall)
- An understanding of Environmental Management (Desirable)
- Commercially astute
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the confidence and ability to present to groups from all disciplines and levels
- The ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation
- Self-motivation with excellent analytical, organisational, report writing and problem-solving skills
- The ability to lead and influence change
Required Health and Safety Qualifications
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
Due to the nature of this role you must be able to work all home match days - including weekends and occasional weekday evenings.
If you have the passion and drive to succeed in this role and think it could be the ideal next step for you, then send your CV to email@example.com to apply