Head of Youth Marketing - Liverpool Football Club
|Job Title:||Head of Youth Marketing - Liverpool Football Club|
|Contact Name:||Liverpool FC|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
As Head of Youth Marketing you will have the experience and market knowledge to craft marketing strategies for a younger audience. (Youth and kids’ demographic)
You will be passionate about sports and youth and be able to engage, inspire and communicate with our younger audience. Alongside the creative and branding side, you will have the commercial acumen to report efficiently and demonstrate ROI.
You will oversee a team to develop, lead and implement a club wide youth/kids marketing strategy, drawing on the wider marketing team for input with the aim to deliver a cross-functional integrated youth strategy that the club aligns behind.
You will bring deep understanding of youth social channel usage habits, eye on popular youth culture and trends.
What does the role involve on a day to day basis?
- Develop and own the integrated youth marketing strategy for the club from creation to implementation with the direct team and across other relevant club functions.
- Developing relationships across the club, including ticketing, membership, retail, soccer schools, marketing, strategy, insights/research and media to leverage a more integrated approach to engaging with younger audiences.
- Acting as the “voice of youth” within the club
- Further functions to manage and oversee as part of the role will be:
- o Lead and develop the club’s influencer marketing strategy focused on youth demographic, but also beyond.
- o Further developing the strategy for the club’s mascot programme, Mighty Red.
- o Supporting the development of the club’s marketing strategy to support a gamification / Esports programme
- Developing our customer journeys and increased satisfaction are vital to our overall plan as we build a global younger audience for LFC
- Creating direct, interactive experiences that invoke true young fan engagement and support activating our commercial partners within youth communities
- Working with the insight and research teams to develop a deep understanding of LFC youth audiences and cultures, including youth advisory groups, co-creation programs
- Close working relationship with the heads of social and content, to ensure relevance of youth content delivered to LFC communities
- Develop programs to enable the monetization of the club’s youth assets programs via partnerships or youth fan engagement
- Leveraging youth and parent involvement, develop and coordinate implementing projects that are authentic, engaging, and generate powerful results.
- Building and retain value by facilitating positive engagement with young people and their parents in youth/kids’ communities
- Ensuring the club’s young audience marketing campaigns connect with the target audiences
- Working with the marketing operations team to develop cutting edge marketing tools and the latest social technologies to engage with youth audiences
Essential skills required:
· Solid Youth consumer marketing experience. Entertainment (gaming, app) or consumer technology background is desirable but not essential
· Experience in building and leading a successful youth marketing team
· Proven experience in influencer and community marketing.
· Proven experience of digital and mobile marketing and customer acquisition
· Experience of co-ordinating integrated campaigns to differing customer segments
· Experience of working in a results focused sales environment
· Graduate calibre and CIM desirable
· Innovative, creative AND commercial – able to build a market presence
· A natural problem solver who finds solutions from challenges
· An Integrator, working flawlessly across different relevant parts of the organisation with the aim to create strategic and executional alignment.
· Able to balance the commercial and creative requirements of marketing
· Good relationship building and communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
· A real advocate of outstanding customer experience
· A robust and pragmatic approach to competing demands and multiple projects
· A strong team manager who is able to support and develop a team
- Understanding and experience of the of eSports and gaming worlds as an integral part of youth culture
The Executives In Sport Group are exclusively retained on behalf of Liverpool Football Club to identify the Head of Youth Marketing. All agency enquiries will be passed directly to The Executives In Sport Group
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available