Head of Stadium Operations – Liverpool Football Club
|Job Title:||Head of Stadium Operations – Liverpool Football Club|
|Contact Name:||Dan Reeves|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Liverpool Football Club are actively seeking a Head of Stadium Operations to ensure the smooth operational running of the iconic Anfield Stadium. The role will cover all ongoing stadium related activity including match days, major events and daily tours and events.
It couldn’t be a more exciting time to join the club, with the recent expansion of capacity to 54,000. The new main stand houses 20,500 seats, adding to the incredible Anfield atmosphere, and further works are currently being carried out to improve the pitch, create a new club superstore, and improve access to the stadium for supporters and visitors.
A key role, you’ll oversee all operational matters at Anfield, with a key focus on Safety, Security and Grounds teams.
To be considered for the role you’ll need;
- Strong experience in football, or a significant sporting arena, running match days and major events
- Experienced in security and critical incident planning, taking responsibility for match day safety
- Significant Stakeholder management experience
- Experience leading and managing a multi-functional department at a senior level including project and event management
- Resource planning / management experience
- Comfortable as primary Football side liaison within the club, as well as operations
- Proven experience devising, implementing and delivering key objectives strategically as part of a multi-disciplined management team.
- Strong capital project management experience, liaising and coordinating with external and internal customers to deliver results professionally, efficiently and within budget restraints.
- Used to managing facilities with a public / community interface
- 3rd party licensing experience
- Significant budget management skills, multi million pound budget responsibility
- Fan interface – responsible for stewarding service and operation
- Comfortable working alongside procurement to ensure contract management performance is to plan
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management experience is essential.
- Strong presentation skills Strong IT Skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- To lead & manage operations team leaders to ensure all performance targets related to Value, Quality, People and Service are met in line with the business plan.
- Ability to model, inspire and lead department with passion. Ensure the team always contains the correct mix of skills and technical capabilities to meet operational needs by monitoring the training and development needs of the team members against the requirements of the business within a high performance team culture.
- Energy Management and full lifecycle planning
- To promote a continuous improvement culture and develop working practices and procedures that will allow the department to achieve World Class Operations standards.
- Maintain working standards to comply with all relevant legislation
- Logistics Management – ensures machinery, equipment and resource is managed to maximise productivity and service. This includes managing supply chain
- Budget Management and forecasting
- Manage Support services activity alongside Operations Director
- Manages third party relations and contracts including performance management of contract SLAs. Maintain strong and collaborative relationships
- Supports Match day team activity by leading key Heads of Department and liaising with other Matchday teams
- Lead and coordinate projects assigned by the Operations Director
- Analyse commercial opportunities presented by new technologies and present to relevant business divisions and the Operations Director recommendations to drive profit.
- Implement the procurement governance process ensuring policy compliance consistent with the overriding goal of reducing our overall procurement spend.
- Lead on ‘Green’ initiatives promoting reduced energy usage and product wastage. Maximise recycling opportunities
- Leading others - leadership and performance management, coaching and feedback Communication and influencing - ability to manage change and stakeholders
- Planning and control
- Developing the strategy
- Delivering business results
- Commercial acumen - knowledge of budgets, ability to proactively manage contractors, ability to drive a vision and plan for Stadium operations
- Team working and personal impact
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus - leading the customer experience drive for own areas and supporting the overall Club vision , standards and behaviours
- Operations Director and Stadium Manager
- Match day teams
- Security & Safety teams
- Commercial partnership team
- Cleaning, Maintenance and Security Contractors
- External bodies such as licensing, police council, PL and FA
The Executives In Sport Group are retained on behalf of Liverpool Football Club to identify and secure the Head of Stadium Operations. All direct applicants and agency requests will be forwarded to Dan Reeves at The Executives In Sport Group
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available