Head of Retail, Licensing & Merchandising - Football, Leeds
|Job Title:||Head of Retail, Licensing & Merchandising - Football, Leeds|
|Contact Name:||Dan Reeves|
|Job Published:||over 2 years ago|
The Head of Retail, Licensing and Merchandising will be chiefly concerned with growing retail revenues and profit margins at the club superstore and online and assist in identifying additional retail opportunities within the city.
They will drive sales by proactively managing a team of staff in a commercial, innovative and creative way and bring a consumer focused approach to the retail division. With an average attendance of over 25,000 per match and a kit deal with a major global sports brand, there is huge scope to reinvigorate and redevelop the club’s retail offering to reflect the current retail fashion trends and improve the creativity of the products on offer.
The successful candidate will have strong fashion / leisure wear buying experience and sharp negotiation skills in order to procure high retail margins for the club. They will enhance the retail business by detailed analysis of sales and ensuring stock levels are carefully monitored and ensure the speed to market is upheld.
- To manage the retail team, organising staffing levels, duties and responsibilities.
- To lead the product development programme with the Clubs Official Kit Partner, working to strict timetables and approval deadlines
- To produce the seasonal retail promotion calendar and deliver first class retail campaigns working closely with the Head of Marketing Communications
- Improve the online sales process making it easier for our fans to purchase product via their devices
- To implement pro-active retail promotional activity to maximise sales opportunities that present themselves during the season
- Manage sales and costs in line with targets and budget
- Reviewing the Clubs current portfolio of licensees and growing the brand into new retail product areas
- Analyse sales figures daily and generate weekly management dashboards and sales reports
- Set targets and KPIs for the Retail department and staff
- To monitor and evaluate customer service
- Work closely with the retail team to ensure that the daily management and customer service is at a high standard
- To develop customer service policies and ensure systems are in place and are adhered to.
- To deal with all customer complaints and the set up of a customer service feedback and complaints procedures.
- Report on the levels of customer service and look for ways to improve standards.
- Plan product ranges in line with the club’s fan base and develop seasonal retail initiatives
Skills & Experience Required
- Management experience within a high street fashion / sports retailer, ideally within the buying and merchandising department
- Experience of analysing sales and providing management information
- Experience of creating retail promotion calendars and activity plans
- On line retail sales management experience
- Experience of customer service and management
- Experience of working towards KPIs
- Good management and communication skills
- Organised and methodical procedure
- Honest trustworthy and hardworking
- Knowledge of retail CRM systems
- An understanding or experience of football and sports retail business
- Experience of opening and launching new retail stores
The Executives In Sport Group are exclusively retained on behalf of Leeds United Football Club to secure a Head of Retail, Licensing and Merchandising.
Please send your CV, and covering note, to Dan Reeves, Account Director, The Executives In Sport Group – email@example.com along with your salary expectations and notice period. Please note that all direct applicants, and agency enquiries will be forwarded directly to The Executives In Sport Group for review.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available