Head of Operations - Digital Sport
|Job Title:||Head of Operations - Digital Sport|
|Salary:||Excellent Salary + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Darren Simmons|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
WHO THEY ARE//
A leading digital sports content platform, headquartered in London and with a global network of offices. Producing high quality digital / video content and marketing activation solutions for major sports teams and brands.
WHAT THEY’RE LOOKING FOR//
A highly capable individual to centrally lead day to day back office operations for the business, with a place on the executive team. Helping to deliver the strategic plan, scaling of solutions and accomplishing key business KPI’s.
It’s key that the person understands Content (Video, Social, Content), Data (Reporting, Insights, Analytics) and Tech (Optimisation of their digital platform to drive performance / understanding how products come alive in digital environments)
You’ll be a natural people leader, an operational expert and able to grasp sport, media and entertainment. Experience with Content, Video, Data, Social and Design would be a big advantage!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING//
- Sitting at the intersection of all teams - Directing traffic, project managing and ensuring great communication and delivery.
- Managing both internal and third party resources to ensure an optimal balance to the operational structure.
- Helping to build a high-performance culture, setting clear goals and objectives for the team
- Developing an annual operating business plan that supports the long-term strategy
- Communicating with the board on a daily basis, making sure that they are aware of project performance and ensuring they are abreast of any schedule deviations.
- Supporting the leadership team (from a content perspective) while they secure commercial deals, expansion and change occurring throughout the business.
- Working in an ever-changing, fast-pace environment where you have to be skilled with contingency planning.
- Ensuring a strong creative and editorial judgement is sustained and that all content is accurate, relevant, on time and to the highest quality.
- Guaranteeing the delivery of revenue is a key component of the business and making sure that all teams are all involved in the forward planning.
- Directing the scheduling of the team and to ensure all projects have realistic delivery schedule.
- Making sure the content team are informed and understand how the commercial team has sold its deals. Ensuring all resourcing is well planned with the right people performing in the right places.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED//
- Prior transferable experience regarding technology insight – how a product comes alive in a digital environment and all of the steps that are taken from the very beginning through to launch.
- Prior transferable experience, e.g. sport, digital, mobile, media and entertainment.
- Proven leadership skills beyond pure people management, e.g. a sharp eye for detail, operational and planning excellence and a creative and contingency thinking style (someone who has a Plan B and a Plan C in hand at all times).
- A firm grasp of how understanding how a brand is built from zero upwards and all that it entails, e.g. how to build an audience and how targeting and paid audience strategies can support this.
- Strong understanding of how the leading social media networks operate, e.g. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- International experience and outlook, not only with the people on the ground and the need to understand local culture and the way things are done outside of the UK and seeing the bigger picture at all times.
- Completely comfortable with budgets and strong financial skills, experienced in inter-company matters and the complexities of operating overseas, etc.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available