Head of Commercial
|Job Title:||Head of Commercial|
|Contact Name:||Davey Blofield|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
WHO ARE THEY AND WHAT THEY’RE LOOKING FOR//
Scarlets have played Rugby to a high standard for 145 years and for the last +15 years in the professional era they have played in the Celtic League (Pro14) and European Champions Cup.
For the last 5 years the Board have invested in, and professionalised, both Rugby and the Business and are now a well-run and managed professional sports business with a high-quality venue for +700 non-game day events p.a.
This investment has produced results for our +3000 community shareholders and many 10,000s of fans, including:
- 2017 winning Pro 12
- 2018 Pro 14 finalist
- 2018 European Semi-finalists
- Promotion of Scarlets coaching team to Wales – No.2 Rugby Nation globally
- Recruitment of world-class Head Coach and Team Squad with +20 Internationals
The Board have committed to further investment to carry forward what is a virtuous circle of performance and investment, and as part of the Senior Management Team, and are now recruiting a Head of Commercial in order to meet their aggressive targets both on and off the field of play.
As a vital role to the business, the Head of Commercial will drive revenue across multiple business areas including partnerships, sponsorships, hospitality, match day attendance, merchandising, community and digital.
At Scarlets they’re under no illusions, they run lean, work hard, play hard and deliver results – all through Scarlets +145 year Red Welsh Heritage and Values.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING//
- Developing strong business relationships with existing partners and delivering excellence in commercial obligations. Developing the strategy for each key partnership, setting clear commercial targets and milestones.
- Identifying and targeting new partnership opportunities. Leading the sales pipeline development process. Monitoring current sponsorships in the market, analyse and identify new opportunities.
- Developing and implementing strategies for the Scarlets Hospitality sell out model. Help create and implement CRM plans, campaigns and promotions etc.
- Responsible for the Scarlets match day entertainment experience in all business lounges
- Leading the match day attendance project team to increase fan attendance.
- Accountability for the achievement of revenue targets for sponsorship and all match day ticketing.
- Managing relationships with the kit and retail partners. Ensuring you are driving retail merchandise sales within the store, online internationally and exploiting shows and festivals.
- Ensuring that Scarlets are in the heart of their communities every day and every week.
- Ensuring commercial compliance with Pro14, European Cup, Anglo-Welsh, Key partners, LED and Big Screen.
- Be a key member of Scarlets Leadership Team.
- Providing content / PR initiatives for updates of Scarlets web / TV / Social Media
THE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU NEED//
Scarlets are looking for a high performing Head of Commercial. This is not a development role. They’re looking for someone who:
- Is an effective team-based, relationship-based seller.
- A great Manager, communicator and motivator.
- Delivers results – the Scarlets way.
- Is loved by their customers.
- Literate and numerate.
- A great person who has the gravitas and commands the respect to win over ‘C’ suite decision-makers.
- Will drive and grow all aspects of Scarlets Commercial and Community Revenue and Profile.
To apply please press the apply button or get in touch with Davey at The Executives in Sport Group for an informal discussion.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 72 hours of application and due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.