Event Project Manager - Football
|Job Title:||Event Project Manager - Football|
|Contact Name:||Tom Beswick|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Executives In Sport Group are retained exclusively on behalf of Brentford Football Club.
The Role of the Project Manager
Brentford FC is fast approaching its biggest challenge of recent times in signing off Griffin Park, its home for 114 years, before moving to the Brentford Community Stadium in 2020. This new fixed term role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the ‘Farewell Griffin Park Project’ including the commercialisation of the last 130th Anniversary season, managing celebration events and opening of the Brentford Community Stadium.
Reporting into the Marketing Director, the Project Manager is responsible for building and leading implementation of the project plan, managing a cross-functional team within the business, liaising with fan groups, co-ordinating agency support and reporting on progress. This project will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to manage a once in a lifetime opportunity for a football club in London that continually challenges the norm.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record in project managing complex events efficiently and on time while successfully engaging with stakeholders on the journey. You will currently be working in a similar role not necessarily in sport, where you will have been trained to an exceptional level and perhaps looking to get involved in football.
- To manage the timelines, stakeholder expectations, internal processes and budgets for the project. Key day-to-day contact with business managers, responding to queries, providing regular status reports and being able to report on the status of any aspect of the project
- Establish positive long-term relationships with appropriate key stakeholders in projects (both internal and external). Ensuring they receive input to assist and challenge their own thinking and planning to deliver the most successful project possible
- Develop the commercial programme across retail, sales driven events and celebration related activations to ensure on brand delivery and consistency of message
- Leading the programme of signature events, liaison with talent about the event logistics, proactively recommend solutions and options to deliver the most successful events. Including venue selection and negotiation, contracts, subsistence, travel & accommodation as required. Supported by the internal business managers/admin
- Co-ordinate closely with the Operations Department on the decommissioning of Griffin Park to ensure delivery of fan related promises while not compromising the legal requirements (to be managed elsewhere)
- Working with the Director to ensure appropriate team resource levels are maintained, enabling delivery against the agreed timelines and budget accordingly
Person Specification - Essential Personal Characteristics
- Competent with Microsoft Office packages, particularly Word and Outlook
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are essential
- Experience in a similar position, or a background in event project management
- Strong skills using Smartsheet or MS Project Manager
- Confident working alongside senior executives
- Uses initiative with minimal supervision
- Dedicated to the quality and accuracy of projects from inception to completion
- Can manage a heavy workload with strict deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexible and willing to take on ad-hoc tasks
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
Person Specification - Desirable Characteristics
- Prince2 qualified
- Previous team management experience
- Experience of the football industry
- An in-depth knowledge of the industry
- Relevant GDPR data related knowledge
Executives In Sport Group are retained exclusively on behalf of Brentford Football Club and all applications will be reviewed by EISG.
If you think this could be the right opportunity for you, click apply or send your CV to email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available