Digital Media Editor - Football
|Job Title:||Digital Media Editor - Football|
|Salary:||Excellent package + Relocation potential|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Dugout is an innovative new digital football platform which takes fans off pitch and behind the scenes of the beautiful game. In a world first, Dugout gives football fans one single place to connect with their favourite clubs and players and away from the noise of multiple social media and news sites.
Dugout has already received unprecedented support from the global football community and shareholder clubs include: Arsenal FC, Chelsea FC, Manchester City FC, Liverpool FC, Paris Saint-Germain FC, FC Bayern Munich, FC Barcelona, AC Milan and Juventus FC plus many more across Continental Europe and the rest of world. Dugout hosts exclusive content created by the clubs and players for at least 24 hours before it is seen anywhere else, making it the primary source for fans to get to exclusive news on the clubs and players that they love.
Dugout sells targeted advertising on its platform, similar to most media companies. The website and mobile app is accessible on desktop, tablet and mobile and, at the current time, is available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Catalan, Portuguese and Bahasa Indonesian.
Digital Media Editor (DME)
The Digital Media Editor (DME) plays a critical role within Dugout’s Content team, assisting the digital media department club-side with the production and curation of new and interesting features for the Dugout platform, including story development, sourcing of imagery and video and publishing of content.
The DME’s role is to lead the evangelism of Dugout within the club – raising its profile amongst key departments and stakeholders, liaising across various levels so as to drive the monetisation of content for the club and Dugout.
The DME will be woven into the club’s broader media plan/schedule which will see them involved in planning ahead for which content items will be published on Dugout.
The DME will need to be open to regular un-social hours when it comes to business travel and of course some weekday evening and weekend working when games are taking place. It is the nature of the sector. Complete flexibility is essential in this matter.
Day to day tasks
- Working alongside the club’s media, editorial and production teams to generate interesting and innovative content, including the creation of image and graphic-based features.
- Be responsible for the overall running of the club channel on the Dugout platform working with both the Content HQ for Dugout (based in London) and under the direction of the club’s media team and within the club’s own policies and procedures.
- Supporting the London HQ with the writing of briefs for content, acting as point-person for shoots that are taking place with the club which can include: documentary/fly-on-the-wall, piece to camera, sit-down interview, general training content, challenge based social content. From time to time this may involve some capturing of footage (on a phone or SLR).
- Publishing/uploading on the Dugout platform - packages and tagging content.
- Providing project assistance to members of the Dugout Video Editorial and Production teams as required.
- Assisting with match day coverage, which will involve working outside of normal office hours from time to time.
- Supporting the analysis of Dugout data and reporting back to club. Dugout’s user, content and commercial data will shape and guide the broader Dugout commercial strategy.
The individual – this is what we are looking for and what great performance is going to look like when it comes to the role
- Fluent German and fluent English, both written and oral (this will be assessed in the recruitment process).
- Degree standard of education, preferably journalism or media related.
- Experience in editorial football/sports journalism.
- Strong experience with social media and highly digital savvy.
- Self-starter – able to improve and problem solve on-the-spot; able to prioritise own workload against business needs and comfortable with tight goals and deadlines.
- A completely open mind when it comes to commitment and hours – this role will involve working regularly in the evenings and at weekends when matches are taking place.
- Strong organisational skills – able to maintain very high levels of accuracy and detail whilst keeping the tempo up.
- Self-starter when it comes to prioritising workloads against business needs, goals and deadlines.
- Ability to seek out information independently from a variety of sources including senior members of the team in London or on the club side.
- Ability to carry themselves professionally club-side – the DME will come into contact with a broad spectrum of club-side contacts – management, players, etc. The DME must implicitly understand the need to behave appropriately.
Ideally we would like to see the DME hold detailed knowledge of clubs, their history and current squads. Further, working knowledge of video and graphics editing is essential.
Dugout would be willing to hear from candidates who are not based in Munich and would bear the reasonable costs of relocation if a candidate were willing to move city to city within the European region. Candidates must have the right to work in Germany without restriction.
Candidates will be assessed for the technical skills and linguistic skills during the recruitment process.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Motion Graphics Designer - Football
Marketing Executive - Sport
Commercial Director - Sports Broadcast
Salary: Excellent package
Communications Manager - Sport
Recruitment Consultant - Sport
Salary: Excellent Salary + Bonus + Benefits