Digital Marketing Manager - England Netball
|Job Title:||Digital Marketing Manager - England Netball|
|Contact Name:||Darren Simmons|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
The National Governing body for England's biggest female team sport, England Netball has been working hard over the past few years to put, and keep, netball at the forefront of women’s sport.
That hard work has paid off.
Not only do at least one million women play netball every week, but, thanks to their partnership with Sky Sports, the game is now one of few women’s team sports to enjoy weekly television coverage. Looking forward, their aim is to provide members and partners with an even better service and sporting experience in the future. That’s where you come in.
Join as Digital Marketing Manager and you could soon be devising, delivering and driving the content strategy and creative direction of digital services across all their platforms.
Purpose of Role
A digital evangelist, England Netball’s Digital Marketing Manager will drive the organisation’s content strategy and creative direction of digital services across all platforms. This will be under the guidance of the Commercial Director, but also working closely with the Communications Manager to ensure consistency of messaging.
The content strategy this person creates and delivers will be digital-first but will include responsibility for content on non-digital platforms too. It will ensure the highest content standards and set editorial tone across 1st and 3rd party sites.
The Digital Marketing Manager role will align with the wider Marketing and Commercial department to grow and engage England Netball’s membership and maximise commercial success.
- Responsibility for delivering an entertaining, informative and innovative editorial content strategy aimed at reaching, retaining and monetising England Netball’s existing membership base, and attracting new members
- Responsibility for delivering a creative and innovative digital strategy which maximises all 1st and 3rd party platforms and networks to reach the widest possible England Netball audience, and monetise England Netball’s membership and sponsorship roster
- Under the guidance of the Commercial Director, oversee the implementation of a content strategy which contributes to England Netball’s commercial objectives, including membership, ticket sales, merchandise sales
- Oversee implementation of editorial strategy and objectives and drive creative direction, working with both internal and external stakeholders. Responsibility for external partners’ implementation of England Netball’s editorial vision and standards
- Day to day management of all aspects of digital content production and publishing processes, including owning the relationship with England Netball’s publishing partners and vendors
- Ownership of the long-term editorial calendar and roadmap, and lead weekly and monthly planning meetings involving internal and external stakeholders
- Establish individual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for content in line with England Netball
- Preparation and delivery of regular performance reporting to senior management, including proposing new business opportunities
- Define performance dashboard reports and manage process of providing this data for regular consolidated business-wide reporting
- Support the commercial team with development of proposals and client meetings
- Maintain excellent editorial standards
- Management of guidelines and rules for commercial exploitation of editorial content, in collaboration with the Commercial Director.
This role is dually responsible for leading England Netball’s content on a day-to-day basis and driving forward the organisation’s awareness, appreciation and exploitation of digital content. Daily relationships will be with internal teams (including other sections of Marketing and Commercial such as comms, and other departments within England Netball, such as the Development team), and external publishing partners.
The role will have a dotted line to the Digital Innovation and Transformation Manager in order to input into decisions about England Netball’s contracted partners. The role is also expected to have close contact with England Netball’s Chief Executive with regards to the general editorial and digital direction of the organisation, and more specifically opportunities around digital broadcast and ‘OTT’ (Over the Top) streaming.
This person will be the Commercial Director’s key point of contact on all of England Netball’s editorial and digital initiatives, especially with regards to monetisation, and will be required to deliver regular updates on current performance, upcoming content initiatives and overall digital strategy.
Key Result Areas
- Creation, maintenance and deployment of England Netball’s content strategy
- Creation, maintenance and deployment of England Netball’s digital strategy
- Delivery of content which builds England Netball’s reputation as a market-leading digital-first NGB
- Understand the commercial imperatives of England Netball, contributing towards and maximising revenue opportunities
- Growth in acquisition and engagement rates of members on all owned channels (websites, social networks)
- Expansion of membership base and entrants into other England Netball programmes, including those owned by the Development team, using digital platforms and content
- Constant improvement of key website, social media and video performance measurements such as increased dwell time, growing social media communities, greater page views per visit and improved commercial return
- Keen awareness of competitive environment and ensuring that England Netball achieves and retains a market leading digital presence within sport, measured by the ability to attract, retain and engage with members and sponsors
- Awareness of specific digital content and web production, and how they can be best applied
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate as effectively with senior management as with junior staff and across Marketing and Commercial, Development and other teams
- Knowledge of the sports landscape including NGBs
- Deep social media and digital landscape experience and knowledge
- High-level editorial experience and competence
- Strong data-analysis experience and be comfortable with analysing figures, identifying trends and opportunities
The Executives In Sport Group are exclusively retained on behalf of England Netball to identify and secure the Digital Marketing & Content Manager. Please send your CV, along with details of current salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org
All direct applications and agency enquiries will be forwarded directly to The Executives In Sport Group for review.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available