The Role of the Digital Manager
Brentford FC continues to experience new fans attending matches and engaging with us online and this is set to continue as we get closer to our new stadium move in 2019. This is a new role with the responsibility to establish first class digital capability. Exhausting opportunities from within the football club and seeking innovative solutions to enable the growth required to meet our goals.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role will be responsible for day-to-day management of our Club’s owned and earned digital platforms (web and social), driving audience engagement, UX, conversion, data management, marketing automation and product development by implementing the most effective technical solutions and media choices.
The successful candidate will have a good track record in digital strategy and delivery, be forward thinking, commercially savy and always innovating. You will be working in the ‘Premier League’ of consumer brands where you will have been trained to an exceptionally high level, but you now want to make a move into the world of sport, in particular, football.
- Be the champion of the Club’s digital strategy, contribute to the creation and ongoing evolution with responsibility for implementation. Ensuring it delivers and materially affects business performance across all platforms including social media
- To efficiently and effectively get the brand and products in front of each relevant audience and navigate them from where they are to engage and/or purchase at high conversion rates. Acquisition of customers utilising a full suite of digital techniques (SEO, PPC, social advertising etc) and creation of digital inventory for monetising
- Ensure that all digital activities are fully integrated and pulling in the same direction on a day-to-day basis, regardless of channel or device by using the most efficient media and optimising investments, consistent application of high standards is critical to success here
- Owning platform analytics and reporting, ensure that all decisions are evidence based that aim to continually improve digital performance, product development and UX across all digital platforms including the website, app and social channels
- Drive the efficiency of our owned channels ensuring user experience is optimised from awareness to conversion. Monitoring of performance across all digital channels
- Overall responsibility for the Club’s OTT service (currently known as iFollow Brentford), build/brief product content based on insight and ultimately driving growth in subscription revenue
- Create and support internal relationships that enable effective management and understanding of BFC digital channels. Supporting the brand strategy through consistency implementation and accuracy, achieving this through effective management of digital agencies and internal teams
- To undertake adhoc projects, tasks and assignments across departments as seen appropriate by management
- Budget management responsibility
Person Specification - Essential Personal Characteristics
- Suitably qualified and not necessarily from a sports background
- Managed digital change projects in the consumer focused digital world
- Min two years relevant experience
- Experienced in using Content Management Systems and Google Analytics
- Good capability within leading social media platforms, syndicating content and/or campaigns
- Success in driving results through SEO, PPC and/or Adwords
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to quickly build trust and relationships
- IT literate and competent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Relevant e-Commerce experience in a high pressure environment
Person Specification - Desirable Characteristics
- Advanced Excel skills would be an added advantage
- Success running affiliate schemes
- Competent user of Google Tag Manager and Data Studio
- Experience in the sports industry either within a rights holder or agency side
- Experience in creating branded content
Executives In Sport Group are retained exclusively on behalf of Brentford Football Club.
If you think this could be the right opportunity for you, click apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org