Commercial Strategy Manager
|Job Title:||Commercial Strategy Manager|
|Contact Name:||James Hall|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
We’re actively seeking a Commercial Strategy Manager to join one of London’s brightest sports consultancies. Joining a highly skilled team who cover research, insight, planning and strategy, you’ll be tasked with supporting the commercial team as they bring new clients on board and servicing existing ones on a global scale.
You’ll project manage, pitch (including building pitch decks and then presenting) and ensure that the business development team win and retain key clients. They have an ambition to drive up standards and win more clients and need someone who has a strong drive and excellent communication skills.
The role will also involve significant facetime with clients, interpreting their diverse needs and working out how best to support them. You’ll be the glue that holds everything together and it would be really helpful if you understand typical agency roles such as planners, creatives and comms. You’ll be at the heart of client projects and deploy relevant work streams.
You’ll be tasked with some of the following key responsibilities;
- Identifying meeting requirements / opportunities
- Interrogating briefs and identifying ‘how to win’
- Lead pitch responses (RFPs)
- Support with training of colleagues/team members in optimising the pitch process
- Actively support new business projects
- Developing strong relationships with existing and prospect clients and nurture towards leads
- Longer term, working with colleagues to identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of and grow the account of work for Brands (existing clients)
Key skills required;
- Experience leading teams for pitch responses from start to finish
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work across multiple departments in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment; this is a role that requires advanced plate spinning!
- Perceptive; read between the lines in dealing with clients – what are they really after and ‘how do we win?’
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to build strong, positive relationships
- Interested in the sponsorship landscape and up to speed on market trends etc
- Ability to think on your feet and troubleshoot
- Proactive and ambitious for your clients and the agency
- A strategic thinker
Experience and education requirements
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Minimum 5+ years experience in sports & entertainment marketing / sponsorship or related field
- Relevant experience of working on and leading new business pitches
Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders and clients
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available