Insight Analyst / Account Manager
|Job Title:||Insight Analyst / Account Manager|
|Contact Name:||Rob Rishman|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Founded in July 2010, SMG Insight is a joint venture with YouGov - one of the world's largest and most respected research firms.
We work across the sports and sponsorship industries to evaluate sponsorship performance across multiple media sources including TV, social media and both print and online press. We have built a client roster that includes rights holders, brands and agencies and we pride ourselves on delivering smart solutions that meet the differing needs of these organisations.
Success for our clients is the thing that drives us and that is central to everything we do. Our ethos is such that we strive to deliver high quality research data and insight that meets the needs of clients, whilst maintaining, servicing and developing reports in line with expectations.
We are seeking candidates who have a solid foundation in data analysis, coupled with the ability to extract and deliver meaningful insight, to work in key account handling positions on some of our most important contracts.
- To co-ordinate and manage projects of varying complexity either independently or as part of a team.
- To set timetables, monitor progress and suggest appropriate actions when timetabling problems arise.
- Create searches and use bespoke media information tools to find relevant data. Collect and collate resultant data in such a way to make it easy to interrogate it
- To perform advanced media valuation analysis and calculations in Microsoft Excel using functions such as pivot tables, vlookup and data filters.
- To possess a good, clear writing style and understand different uses of tables, charts and commentary.
- To write, with guidance, report chapters and presentations. Creating a clear narrative from data of what it says.
- Proofreading of other analyst's reports.
- Liaison with a freelance graphic designer to create new templates and presentation of data.
Subject Knowledge (Valuable but not fundamental)
- To have a good standard of knowledge of Sport Business sector and/or research matters gained through engagement with the industry or sector.
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to behave as an effective member of a team.
- Strong initiative and influencing skills with a positive attitude and enthusiasm to progress
- Problem-solving, analytical and numerical skills allied to attention to detail
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Developing understanding of business/marketplace
- Ability to deliver results, meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Account management experience
- Excellent client focus and handling skills allied to an appreciation for a client's objectives and point-of-view
- Any relevant experience in the media evaluation sector (in particular sports media evaluation) is desirable, demonstrated in particular by a proven track record in managing multiple projects and hitting deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
- Enthusiasm for the day-to-day writing of evaluation reports and data analysis across a broad range of media.
- Experience of, or strong desire to learn about, the sports business industry.
- Microsoft Office experience essential, including excel to a high standard
- Fluent written and spoken English, (proficiency in other languages would also be desired, but not essential)
To apply, please press the apply button or get in touch with Rob at The Executives In Sport to Group to have an informal chat about the position.
The Executives In Sport Group are exclusively retained on behalf of SMG Insight to appoint a new Insight Analyst / Account Manager . All direct applications and agency enquiries will be forwarded to Rob Rishman at The Executives In Sport Group
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available